Monday 16 June 2014

Graphic Design: Tablet Research

You've guessed it... I have been looking at graphic tablets for the digital painting side of my project.


Wacom vs Other Brands 

Wacom is, of course, the most well known brand of tablet. After doing research into other options I found Monoprice, Huion and a few others that are less well known but cheaper. After reading some reviews and much contemplation I decided to go for the Wacom brand. I know their products are of a good quality and I didn't mind spending a bit more to get a better product.


intuos vs bamboo

After deciding I was going to go for the Wacom brand I was faced with this dilemma : - intuos vs bamboo. There was an obvious price difference between the too and after some research it seemed there were certain attributes the bamboo lacked, for example a lower pressure sensitivity, less ergonomic and you can't program shortcuts for each individual program. I really want to make sure I have a great quality product and I didn't mind spending a bit extra, the intuos has had some great reviews so I decided that this was the tablet for me.


Small vs Medium

I went for a medium size graphic tablet because I wanted to have a bigger active area for larger images and the ability for a wider range of motion.


Draw with Jazza

Whilst researching graphic tablets I stumbled across this YouTube channel. This video in particular, Digital Tablets! - How Much, Why, Who, etc.really helped me make my decision. 
I would also like to add that his YouTube channel is amazing, he is a very talented graphic artist and I will be watching his videos a lot in the coming weeks.


Thanks for reading. 

X



No comments:

Post a Comment