Saturday 21 June 2014

Software and Tutorial Sites

Adobe Software

The past few days I have been debating which version I should use CS 5.5, CS 6 or the Creative Cloud. CS 5.5 would've been the cheaper option since my friend owns a copy but I decided to go with the Creative Cloud, at £15.88 a month, it's such a good deal because you get all the latest Adobe programs including Photoshop and Dreamweaver.


Autodesk Software

I have been working with the 2013 and 2014 versions of 3DS Max for the past two years. I decided to install the newest version, 2015, for this project, as I wanted all the latest features and my laptop is powerful enough for it.


Tutorial Sites

I have been looking at different tutorial sites here are some good ones : - Tuts +, Digital Tutors, Lynda.com, 3D BuzzUnity 3D Student and Ctrl+Paint. The last two are free to use. Ctrl+Paint is amazing! It focuses on graphic painting in Photoshop, it's incredibly helpful. The other sites mentioned are also great, they are more broad covering things like 3D modelling, game development and website development, although they do cost money. I have used Digital Tutors for the past year or so on other projects, I really like the way each tutorial is divided into separate shorter videos, which makes it easy to follow especially for the more advanced topics.

Thanks for reading. X


No comments:

Post a Comment