Saturday 16 August 2014

3d Modelling: The Buckets and The Grill

Prop for the Prison Level

The Buckets


These buckets will be in the first cell type, there will also be one in each second cell type. I felt the inmates would not be allowed to have the wire part in their cells for safety reasons so I won't be including it.

(For one bucket)
The polygon count is 1142.
The vertices count is 592.

These were fairly simple to create. I started with a chamfer cyl I then applied a taper modifier. I extruded certain areas then selected the top area and applied bevel to hollow out the inside.
I extruded the two sections at the top and used chamfer to get a rounded edge and the procutter tool to get the hole in the middle.
You can see this in the image on the left.



The Grill

This will be in every cell, after researching cells I found that they usually have them at the back of each cell.

The polygon count is around 350. (It's hard to judge as it's completely joined to the wall)












This was another simple model using the extrude, bevel and cloning tools.

It started off as a polygon on the wall, which I then beveled backwards.
I cloned a box shape to fill the gap and rotated them downwards.

The bolts were also simple using a 6-sided cylinder and extruding the polygons out.

I will be texturing all the cell props once the entire cell is completely modeled.





Thanks for reading. X

No comments:

Post a Comment