Friday 24 October 2014

AutoCAD and 3d Modelling: 1st Floor

The Layout

Here is the AutoCAD version of the layout, I left the middle line in to ensure I kept the measurements exact when I started modelling 3ds Max.




The Model


The top view of the model.
It was fairly simple but I did run into a problem, which I will explain next to the last image.

The lines in the centre of each cell block represents the walkway and the stairs, which will be put in when I connect all the floors together.

The measurements for these cells are 1.8 m by 1.8 m by 1.8 m.

This is why there was a problem; I needed to keep the overall length and width of the block the same as the one below it but the cells on this floor are bigger.






You can see here what I did to solve this; there was some space in the corner so I pushed some of the cell into the wall. 
This means that even though the cell has the same measurements as the others it has a slice of wall where a couple of the bars would have been at the front of the cell.


Next time I will be connecting the floors together.


Thanks for reading. X

No comments:

Post a Comment