Monday 13 October 2014

AutoCAD: Prison Layout - Ground Floor

AutoCAD is Amazing

I've spent the past few days trying to properly layout the prison using old fashioned pen and paper and Photoshop but it wasn't going according to plan. I wanted to put exact measurements, down to the wall thickness, but Photoshop wasn't efficient for this because it isn't what it's designed for. Then I found AutoCAD from Autodesk! It took me most of today to get to grips with it but I finally produced what you see below. Once you know how to use the tools you need it becomes fairly easy. 

The Layout


So here is a very zoomed out version of the layout so you can see everything.

Once I have completed this blueprint I will import it into 3ds Max and it will make life so much easier modelling the building itself.






The Prison

So here we have the layout of the prison building, Cell Blocks on either side (10 on each), Mess Hall, Reception Area, Infirmary, Office Area and the Head Scientist's Office.

The lines that aren't connected, in the reception area, represent the stair case to the underground.


The Staff Living Quarters


There is something I have missed out in this section, I haven't put the door spaces in yet but that is next on my agenda.

The rectangle you see closest to the bottom is the staff room, which connects to the main prison building via a corridor.

Thanks for reading. X

No comments:

Post a Comment